The beauty and serenity of the newly restored Ashford Castle, with its magnificent surroundings and facilities located on the tranquil shores of Lough Corrib and the River Cong, is the perfect environment for this restorative retreat. Here, the focus is on escaping a fast-paced environment and taking the time to slow down and find calm through different forms of yoga and meditation, while being pampered in the luxury of one of Ireland’s most magnificent castle properties.
Ata Baechler has lived the life of a yogi for many years. He trained with Yoga Master Sri Dharma Mittra at the Kailashananda Temple in New York and subsequently perfected his practice in California, and Kerala, India, where he spent extended periods of time living a monastic life in ashrams. He is also an expert in the ancient art of Thai massage and has developed his own blend of treatments, mixing traditional Thai massage techniques with western osteopathic principals.
The 3-night Yoga Package at Ashford Castle is priced at EUR 1.195 includes the following:
• Luxurious accommodations in a Corrib Room
• Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, with gourmet organic options
• Yoga classes and meditation sessions
• Unlimited access to fitness room, pool, sauna, gym, solarium, sauna and lounge area
• Falconry demonstration
• Indian head massage
• Transfers from Knock or Shannon Airport
• Access to all the facilities of the 5-star Ashford Castle resort, including spa, cinema, billiards room, archery, horseback riding, clay target shooting, lake cruising, kayaking, zip lining, nature walking, golf, tennis, and Ireland’s first school of falconry. Supplementary charges may apply.
Ashford Castle, set on 350 acres, reopened its 82 elegantly designed guest rooms and modern amenities, including Wi-Fi throughout, this spring after an extensive two-year restoration project.