It’s a common practice in every city that hosts shows, but Paris has been especially expensive this year due to the closures of the Ritz Paris and the Hotel de Crillon, both undergoing massive renovations. Which are the most expensive places to stay during Paris Fashion Week?
1. Four Seasons Hotel George V is where glamour and romanticism meet culture and history. It is the most expensive hotel in town with rates starting from EUR 1250 for a regular guest room. Each of the hotel’s 244 guest rooms and suites is beautifully appointed with opulent details and decorated in the style of Louis XVI.
2. Mandarin Oriental’s rates aren’t much lower and start at EUR 1175/ night. Mandarin Oriental, Paris is Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group’s first address in France, at the heart of this fashion capital and with the Garnier Opera, Tuileries Gardens and the Louvre all close by. Everything about this elegant hotel says ‘Paris’, from its sense of style to the immediate sense of belonging, and of luxury to be enjoyed. Comfort meets modern in a hotel that is infused with a subtle air of exoticism and romance, making every stay a singular experience.
3. Taking the bronze is Raffles Royal Monceau, with rooms starting at EUR 970 a night for the duration of Fashion Week.
4. Perfectly situated at 19 Avenue Kléber, just steps from the Arc de Triomphe, The Peninsula Paris sits in the heart of Paris within walking distance of some of the world’s most famous monuments, museums and luxury shopping districts.
It is the first European hotel in the Peninsula group, which has nine other hotels in Asia and the United States, including the landmark Peninsula Hong Kong. It’s also the latest hotel in the “Asian Invasion” of Paris, after the opening of the Shangri-la Paris and the Mandarin Oriental, both flagship hotels that pulled out all the stops. The Peninsula Paris comes in fourth place with rates starting from EUR 965 a night during Fashion Week.
5. The palatial Le Meurice, a favorites of celebs such as Kayne West, Harrison Ford, Beyonce, Angelina Jolie, Kim Kardashian, Pharrell Williams, and Kristin Stewart comes in fifth place with rates starting at EUR 930 a night until the 11th, when they drop by half.