Elegance and authenticity sum up the spirit of this glamorous, yet relaxed 132-room, suite and pool villa hotel. It sits within three world-class golf courses and offers spacious accommodation, local flavours to be sampled at six bars and restaurants, a spectacular art collection, a multitude of sports including tennis, horse-riding and croquet, a stylish beach club, a kids club and the renowned 2,000 sqm Anantara Spa complete with Roman baths, a hammam, aromatherapy steam rooms and a stunning pool, all within tranquil landscaped gardens.
The new series of authentic ‘Andalusia Guru’ experiences has been carefully prepared to reconnect travellers with the region through the discovery of its coastal traditions, Mediterranean flavours and cultural rituals.
- Become a Shepherd for the day – Step back in time and experience what it is to be a shepherd in the Andalusian hills as guests take an idyllic walk with a working shepherd and his goats. Learn the secrets of this timeless profession, journeying through the peaceful countryside and learn the traditional craft of making goats cheese with local farmers. A professional guide, walk with the shepherd and his goats and dogs, a local breakfast, cheese making and cheese tasting are all included.
- E-Bike Nature Adventure – Starting at the delightful village of Pujerra, guests embark on an e-bike journey through the beautiful Andalusian countryside passing white-washed villages as they head through forests and up to the charming village of Genaguacil, Europe’s first ‘Village Museum’. Here they will meet with local artists who exhibit their award-wining contemporary pieces in a permanent public display all over the village. A professional guide, e-bike and helmet, assistance car, light snacks, travel insurance and transportation all included.
- Aromatic Plants Workshop – Discover fascinating facts about local plants and herbs at a hidden Andalusian Cortijo – a traditional rural home. An expert guide will walk guests through the Mediterranean gardens to take in its wonderful aromas, talking through the health benefits of each plant and how they can be used in both medicinal and holistic wellness. This walk is a delight to the senses and guests will taste various herbal infusions collected during the journey.
- Meditation at Sea – Spend the day in the Spanish sunshine on a beautiful catamaran whilst taking in the stunning views of the coastline from the azure blue sea. Guests will connect with their inner selves with a meditation and yoga on board before enjoying a healthy, organic lunch. They can then cool off with a rejuvenating sea swim and spot for dolphins. Charter of the crewed 12m catamaran 380 is included as well as the yoga and meditation instructor, organic lunch and travel insurance.
- Canyoning – Explore the untouched natural beauty of the nearby Rio Guadalmina. Take a dip amidst the crystal clear waters whilst adrenalin seekers jump off the dramatic rocks into tranquil turquoise coves. All equipment, travel insurance and private transportation included.
- Surf Andalusia – Dream of riding the waves like a pro? Set sail with expert surfer, Jose, who has over twenty years’ experience and learn to surf, kite surf or windsurf whilst taking in the beautiful coastline. All levels are welcome, and the surf experience includes the guide, surf equipment, a delicious seafood lunch at Chiringuito beach, travel insurance and transportation in a traditional ‘surfer’ VW van.
- Visit Marbella Old Town with a Local Photographer – Discover the essence of Marbella Old Town through the eyes and lens of celebrated local photographer, Jesus Chacon. Setting off from the charming Plaza de los Naranjos, wander the narrow cobblestone streets taking in some of his favourite subjects including a number of unique churches, each with their own story to tell. He will teach all his tips and tricks to take that perfect shot, be it for a personal collection, or for Instagram. This experience ends with tapas at an insider spot. Old Town Tour with Jesus Chacon, tapas, wine and olive tasting, and one picture taken by Jesus to take home all included.
- Horse riding – Sunrise horse riding at the beach, an exhilarating ride in the mountains, or a ride through local vineyards and tranquil forests are just a few of the horse riding experiences available. Recommended for experienced horse riders.
The year-round sunshine and mild climate of Andalusia and a unique setting within mountainous valleys whilst being just a stone’s throw from beautiful Mediterranean beaches makes this the ideal year-round destination for couples and families alike. The culturally rich landscapes has a number of Moorish castles, award-winning vineyards and picturesque white-washed traditional villages on its doorstep, as well as nearby historic Ronda widely considered one of Andalusia’s most iconic and charming towns.
Meanwhile Marbella old town and the glamorous Puerto Banus Marina with row after row of luxury yachts offer endless high-end shopping experiences in their chic boutiques and bougainvillea-clad narrow cobbled streets.
Anantara Villa Padierna Palace Resort offers rooms from 290 Euros per night including breakfast and taxes. New ‘Andalusia Guru’ experiences from 189 euros per person