As a luxury traveler, Delhi will leave you with some great options, and you are sure to feel overwhelmed with the choices you have for the most luxurious places to stay and dining at five-star restaurants. Browse Dubai to Delhi flights to learn about some amazing offers and deals on the most luxurious hotels in the city.
Where to stay
There is no dearth of luxury hotels in Delhi, and some of the most popular choices include names like The Oberoi, The Leela Palace, The Imperial , The Taj Mahal Hotel, JW Marriott Hotel, The Lodhi, and many more leading hotels of the world. So, you can have the five-star way and stay at any of those top luxury hotels with beautiful rooms and enjoy access to all the modern amenities.
Enjoy facialists like 24/7 room service, a full spa, gym, gorgeous pool, and high-speed internet access. These hotels are home to multiple fine dining restaurants where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine options.
Getting around in comfort
Delhi is famous for its chaotic crowds no matter where you go. Still, you can keep yourself away from all that heat and travel in luxury transport options. You can ask for all-inclusive pricing at the luxury hotel you are staying at and enjoy seamless airport travel and ride in complete comfort and luxury. Explore Delhi with a chauffeur and a stylish limousine service and drive around with the minimum of fuss.
What to do and see
Explore Delhi in complete luxury and style and enjoy what the historic and majestic city has to offer. One thing is for sure that you are for a heady experience in this incredibly dynamic city that boasts of a rich cultural heritage and historical sites.
- Explore Old Delhi, the center of the Mughal Empire. This part of Delhi dates back to the 17th century and is famous for its chaotic atmosphere and medieval alleys. But it is definitely worth a visit.
- Visit the world-famous Red Fort, which was built by Shah Jahan, the mighty Mughal emperor, and is a UNESCO site. There is a museum with notable exhibitions inside the extensive military fort.
- Another important touristic site is the Jama Masjid, which was built in the 17th century by Shah Jahan. The Masjid can hold up to25,000 worshippers and is a major landmark of the Old City.
- Make a special trip to Raj Ghat, the site of the cremation of Mahatma Gandhi. Enjoy some moments of peace in the green gardens that surround the memorial site with an eternal flame.
- Every Saturday morning, you can enjoy the Changing of the Guard event at the Rashtrapati Bhawan. It is an impressive event with the president’s bodyguard put on an equestrian display in ceremonial uniform.
- Humayun’s Tomb, a fine example of Mughal architecture, is among the favorite historical sites in Delhi. Located in peaceful and wonderfully planed gardens with water features, the Tomb is visited by hundreds and thousands of tourists every year.
- Another impressive site to explore in Delhi is the Lodhi Gardens that house ancient structures and tombs of the Mughal era. Just wander around and explore the ruins and plan a picnic in the beautiful gardens.
Where to dine
Delhi is famous for being a foodie, and as a luxury traveler, you are in luck. Look forward to dining at some of the most wonderful award-winning restaurants and enjoy classic Indian cuisine or any other cuisine of your preference with an impressive wine list. Nothing can beat the experience of dining in a luxury restaurant and enjoy Delhi’s famous fusion of flavors from every corner of the subcontinent. Enjoy Asian, Continental, North Indian, Chinese, Italian, Mughlai, Desserts, Beverages at The Oberoi, The Claridges, Varq – The Taj Mahal Hotel, K3 – JW Marriott, Kiyan – The Roseate, Farmer’s Basket At Pluck, ITC Maurya, and more.
Where to shop
Delhi will not disappoint the luxury shoppers, and it is indeed a haven for shopaholics. You can shop for the most intricately carved rosewood ornaments or extravagant hand-beaded silk shawls, or exquisite gem-encrusted jewelry. The entire subcontinent is a paradise for luxury shopping. There is an impressive collection of local designer boutiques and luxurious mals where you are sure to find some special pieces. Some options include names like Hauz Khas Village, Citywalk Mall, Khan Market, Connaught Place, Dilli Haat, Sundar Nagar Market, Ansal Plaza, and more.