LVCVA President and CEO Steve Hill
host city for the fifth time, Las Vegas
looks forward to celebrating record-breaking attendance by welcoming more than 6,000 travel buyers and nearly 500 media to highlight new resort amenities including an unforgettable opening event at CAESARS FORUM
“Caesars Entertainment is honored to open IPW 2020 in Las Vegas by showcasing the newest addition to the family – the $375 million, 550,000-square-foot CAESARS FORUM Conference Center – to key travel industry professionals,” said Annette Weishaar, senior vice president of channel marketing and partnerships for Caesars Entertainment. “The opening event will highlight the conference center’s 300,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, the two largest pillarless ballrooms in the world and the 100,000-square-foot outdoor plaza. CAESARS FORUM also offers direct access to Harrah’s Las Vegas, The LINQ Hotel + Experience and Flamingo Las Vegas, providing more than 8,500 hotel rooms in immediate proximity.”
Showgirls hand out “passports” for the IPW 2020 convention
Las Vegas is a key destination for international travelers, which represents 20 percent of annual visitation and accounts for 23 percent of overall visitor spending. International visitors tend to stay longer and spend more, making IPW 2020 a substantial platform for cultivating business opportunities.
“IPW represents a tremendous opportunity to interact with the top industry visionaries and decision makers to elevate Las Vegas on an international scale,” said Steve Hill, CEO/president of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA). “Las Vegas is rapidly evolving with impressive development and innovation which will solidify our position as the top U.S. travel destination. We look forward to welcoming IPW attendees next year to share these defining moments with us.”
IPW is the travel industry’s most important international marketplace, with an opportunity to demonstrate all that is new to see and do. As the host city, Las Vegas also receives invaluable media exposure across the globe. When the destination last hosted IPW in 2013, the event attracted an astonishing 6,400 attendees generating an estimated $8 million in economic impact.
Acrobats from the show Absinthe
During IPW 2020, both first-time visitors and repeat travelers will be amazed by the development taking shape throughout the destination. Billions of dollars have been invested since 2013 and there is an extensive list of new attractions, venues and sports facilities to explore. Updates also include significant renovations to the nearly 150,000 hotel rooms available for visitors, inspiring entirely new experiences for first-time and returning visitors alike.
- Caesars Entertainment renovated approximately 3,735 rooms in 2018. Since 2014, they have updated 15,500 guest facilities, which is 67 percent of the company’s total Las Vegas room inventory of approximately 23,150 rooms.
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas recently completed a three-year redevelopment plan which included a refresh of its approximately 3,000 rooms.
- FLY LINQ at the LINQ Promenade is the first zipline on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Las Vegas Ballpark, with a capacity of 10,000, is home to Triple-A baseball team, the Las Vegas Aviators.
- MGM Resorts International recently added approximately 850,000 square feet of meeting space at ARIA, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and Park MGM, and as of the end of 2018, the organization offers approximately 4 million square feet of meeting and convention space within a two-mile stretch on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Palms Casino Resort has completed a $690 million renovation that touched virtually every aspect of the property.
- Park MGM and NoMad Las Vegas The project comprises two new distinct experiences: Park MGM, a welcoming social hub that evokes the residential spirit, intimacy and individuality of a boutique experience on a resort scale; and NoMad Las Vegas, which brings the refinement of a European home to the Las Vegas Strip.
- The STRAT Hotel, Casino and Skypod, formerly the Stratosphere, has introduced a rebrand including fully remodeled “elevated” rooms,
- Wynn Las Vegas recently added Wynn Plaza Shops, a Strip-front retail destination offering 70,000 square feet of dining and lifestyle options.
LVCVA President and CEO Steve Hill
- CAESARS FORUM Meeting Center (2020)
- Circa Resort & Casino (2020)
- Fremont Street Experience Renovation (December 2020)
- Las Vegas Convention Center Expansion (to be completed December 2020)
- Las Vegas Stadium, future home of the Las Vegas Raiders (fall 2020)
- MSG Sphere at The Venetian (2020)
- Resorts World (2020)
“Nevada welcomes the world to Las Vegas for IPW in 2020. We are pleased to partner with the LVCVA to make this an unforgettable experience,” said Lt. Governor Kate Marshall, chair of the Nevada Commission on Tourism. “We work proactively around the globe to attract visitors to Nevada, and we know that what the international tourism industry sees during IPW will make them want to visit again and again and tell their clients and customers to do the same. Attendees will have the opportunity to see much of Nevada for themselves during post-IPW tours, and we are looking forward to being the ultimate host in 2020!” During the press conference, Las Vegas welcomed a special performance from Duo Vector from ABSINTHE at Caesars Palace. Produced by Spiegelworld, ABSINTHE is an acro-cabaret variety show featuring wild and outlandish acts in a theatre-in-the-round presentation.
“Las Vegas is a huge draw for international visitors, and this is a phenomenal opportunity to showcase all that the city has to offer,” said U.S. Travel President and CEO Roger Dow. “There is always something new and exciting in this remarkable destination, and we are thrilled to bring the world to Las Vegas once again for IPW.”
The LVCVA continues to foster business relationships with airline partners to explore possibilities for expanding international service, instrumental in increasing international visitation. Las Vegas currently welcomes 229 nonstop international flights per week from 26 cities in 10 countries.