Rising above the majestic Chao Phraya River in the heart of Bangkok’s Creative District is an enclave of tiered buildings, connected at ground level by a series of indoor and outdoor spaces, quiet courtyards and lively restaurants. Art-filled spaces, sophisticated lounges and lush tropical greenery are surrounded by the gentle sounds of water features and inviting open-air terraces. Welcome to the all-new Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok at Chao Phraya River.
Located along 200 metres (650 feet) of open riverfront just 40 minutes from Suvarnabhumi International Airport along the famed Charoenkrung Road, the fourth location in the Four Seasons Thailand Collection offers myriad opportunities for locals and international travellers to make connections with each other and the exciting city that surrounds it. Features include a 299-room hotel, destination restaurants and lounges, stunning event spaces, and an urban wellness centre like no other. The complex also includes 366 Four Seasons Private Residences, opening in 2021.
Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok is located within buildings designed by Hamiltons International architects. In describing his vision for the interiors of Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, lead designer Jean-Michel Gathy of DENNISTON said: “Sometimes dramatic. Sometimes intimate. But always charismatic.” High ceilings and glass walls provide breathing space, while pools and flowing water echo the constant movement of the Chao Phraya River. Thailand’s natural beauty and the city’s urbane charms come together in every aspect of the interiors, punctuated by an art collection amassed by Gathy himself. Celebrating the country’s legendary craftsmanship and artistry, a dedicated ART Space in partnership with MOCA Bangkok running from lobby through to the river itself showcases contemporary Thai artists in changing exhibitions.
Destination Dining, World Class Mixology
In developing the food and beverage program at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, a dream team of experts in cuisines, room design and hospitality innovation came together to create a collection of original dining and drinking concepts, with a star-studded team of chefs, mixologists and sommeliers in the kitchens and behind the bars. Led by Executive Chef Andrea Accordi – previously of the eight Michelin-starred Four Seasons Hong Kong – along with French Executive Pastry Chef Bruce Trouyet, the team includes specialist culinarians in each restaurant. Philip Bischoff, who was previously lead bartender at the landmark Manhattan Bar in Singapore, now presides over the Hotel’s beverage program.
All outlets are designed by the renowned team at AvroKo, with the exception of the signature Chinese restaurant, designed by Jean-Michel Gathy. Experiences include:
- Yu Ting Yuan (御庭院) – Presenting authentic Cantonese cuisine in a high style setting amid lush gardens and a shimmering reflection pond. To learn more about Yu Ting Yuan and Head Chef Qiu Xiaogui and his highly experienced team, click here.
- Riva del Fiume Ristorante – Head Chef Enrico Maritan and his culinary team welcome guests with the aromas and flavours of locally and seasonally-inspired Italian dishes served along riverside terraces reminiscent of Italy’s Lake Como. To learn more about Riva del Fiume Ristorante, click here.
- Brasserie Palmier – Also on the riverfront, the relaxed vibe of this French Tropics-inspired café sets the tone for enjoying brasserie classics with an emphasis on fish and seafood, including a wine and oyster bar. To learn more about Brasserie Palmier and Head Chef Nicolas Raynal, click here.
- BKK Social Club – Evoking the legendary glamour of Buenos Aires with a menu of bespoke cocktails, craft spirits, rare Champagnes and the finest cigars, this newcomer to Asia’s remarkable bar scene is set to make its mark. To learn more about BKK Social Club and award-winning head bartender Philip Bischoff, click here.
- The Lounge – Where international visitors mix with local patrons, The Lounge is the setting for impromptu get-togethers and a cosy afternoon tea.
- Cafe Madeleine – A showcase for Executive Chef Bruce Trouyet and his pastry team, Cafe Madeleine is a neighbourhood pastry shop and café offering both indoor-outdoor seating and takeaway options.
Designer Rooms and Suites
Modern rooms and suites have a warm, residential character with Thai touches, balancing contemporary aesthetics with high tech function and signature Four Seasons comfort. Each accommodation boasts high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows with river or garden views, and spa-like bathrooms.
Among the accommodations, the Terrace Suites offer the ultimate in spacious luxury with landscaped and furnished terraces large enough to host a private dinner party. The 450 square metre (4,800 square foot) Presidential Suite may be Bangkok’s finest address, with two-storey windows framing 10th-floor views of the Chao Phraya River, a large open living area with its own bar as well as a catering kitchen, up to three bedrooms and an oversized terrace with private plunge pool.
Coming Soon: The Urban Wellness Centre at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok
Across more than 2,500 square metres (26,900 square feet) of dedicated space, the Urban Wellness Centre is conceived along three streams of wellness, two floors of innovation and one holistic haven.
Highlighted by a lavish spa suite with its own private bath and indoor garden, plus eight additional treatment rooms, the spa also includes a spacious consultation area with retail shop, and relaxation lounges. Additional services are provided at the in-house hair salon, barber shop and nail salon. The fitness offering encompasses a naturally-lit state-of-the-art gym, a dedicated mind and body studio with regular open and private classes, and a 30 metre (98 foot) lap pool.
Bangkok’s Creative District
Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok is in the heart of the city’s most remarkable community. Along the historic Charoenkrung Road and in myriad small streets and alleyways, the area is undergoing a renaissance as street food vendors are joined by food-forward restaurants, traditional crafts are side by side with bold contemporary art, and tiny stalls selling handcrafted wares sit next to eclectic shops filled with designer goods.
Along Chao Phraya River, Four Seasons guests can head to ICONSIAM, the city’s newest premium shopping mall, with direct access from the Hotel’s river dock. Or, take a water taxi to wander the river’s canals, floating kitchens, ancient temples and charming fishing piers.
Not sure where to start? The concierge team at Four Seasons can arrange guided tours on land and water, tailored to each guest’s particular interests.