Starting the day with a visit to a Buddhist temple is a must, and the Grand Palace is home to a variety of artistic temples and architectural wonders. Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, visitors here will find silence and awe. Tourists can find the most revered Buddha, the Emerald Buddha at the very centre of the grounds.
Approximately 100 kilometres from Bangkok, guests can join in the haggling from boat to boat at the floating market of Damnoen Saduak. Sailing through the busy channels, visitors will find exotic fruits, fresh vegetables and flowers galore; and possibly a bargain or two to take home.
On returning to Banyan Tree Bangkok, an enthralling afternoon begins with Bangkok’s ‘highest high tea’ at Vertigo TOO on the 60th floor, where Champagne Afternoon Tea is accompanied by a menu of authentic delights and an extensive selection of teas.
As the evening draws in, dining on Bangkok’s river at its finest aboard Banyan Tree Bangkok’s traditional river boat the “Apsara”. Offering sumptuous Thai cuisine along the Chao Phraya River, this two and a half hour adventure bestows guests with wonderful views of the city.
To top the night, cocktails-with-a-view can be enjoyed from the 61st floor back at the hotel; freshly made cocktails at Moon Bar are only second to the views across the shimmering skyline.
20th Anniversary Celebration
To commemorate Banyan Tree Bangkok’s 20th birthday in 2016, book the special 20th Anniversary Package (for stays up to 31 October) in the Serenity Club and receive the following benefits (terms & conditions apply):
- Luxury stay in Serenity Club with usual VIP Club benefits
- 90-min spa treatment (60-min massage & 30-min relaxation time) for 1 person per room per stay
- 30% off additional spa treatments
- One way airport transfer by hotel limousine
- One cocktail at Vertigo TOO (for up to 2 persons per room per stay) with souvenir photo
- Upgrade to a One-Bedroom Suite with a top-up of only Thai Baht 1,000++ per night