Adding sailing adventures to Amanwana’s on-water offerings, Amandira will launch in April 2015. Named after the Sanskrit-derived word for ‘peace’ and dira which means ‘intrepid’, the custom-built, 52-metre, two-masted Phinisi sailing vessel can be chartered in tandem with Amanikan. Offering five spacious cabins, Amandira can travel under sail as well as motor. Dive facilities include the use of nitrox, allowing longer dive times for experienced divers.
- Designed as a luxury sailing and diving vessel, Amandira is fitted with world-class diving equipment and offers its own dive master and team.
- A crew of 14 ensures intuitive, seamless service.
- Amandira’s principal lounge is the foredeck, where guests can relax on sun loungers or enjoy a drink at sunset from the bar area.
- There is also an elegantly-appointed indoor lounge and a library/entertainment room.
- Two cabins are fitted with a king-size bed, while the third offers a queen-size bed or twin beds. One cabin has a double bunk bed. Two cabins have double bunk beds.
- Each cabin features a living area with sofa, coffee table and writing desk, as well as a spacious bathroom with shower and twin vanities.
Expeditions aboard Amandira include:
- The Komodo Expedition, a seven-night journey which explores the UNESCO-protected Komodo National Park, cruising through the Nusa Tenggara island chain to Rinca and Komodo where the infamous Komodo dragon can still be found.
- The Raja Ampat Expedition, a five- or seven-night adventure through one of the world’s most exceptional marine areas. Encompassing over 40,000 square kilometres in the northeast seas of the Indonesian Archipelago, Raja Ampat features magnificent coral reefs and unparalleled marine life.