Perfectly situated between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, it is the best of both worlds – an idyllic enclave of sun-drenched shores tucked away from the hustle and bustle, but in easy reach of top-rated restaurants and legendary nightclubs on world-famous South Beach, famed Art Deco landmarks, eclectic neighborhoods, and high-end shopping at beautiful Bal Harbour and fashionable Aventura Mall
From upscale resorts to family-friendly suites with all of the comforts of home, Sunny Isles Beach can accommodate everyone for any occasion – and almost all of the destination’s hotel and resort properties are located directly on the beach, just steps from the sand. Whether you’re looking for an over-the-top resort experience, or a more practical place to lay your head, Sunny Isles Beach’s accommodators are sure to satisfy.
Sunny Isles Beach offers one five and four-star resorts: Acqualina Resort & Residences on the Beach and Trump International Beach Resort-– that are elegant yet approachable, with stylish and spacious suites, full-service spas, onsite fine dining, and relaxed yet refined services and amenities to please the most discerning travelers. Sunny Isles Beach is also dotted with an appealing assortment of familiar chain and other family-owned hotels and motels, giving visitors another option for their unforgettable island vacation.
Stay steps from the sand at a selection of oceanfront properties – Solé Miami, A Noble House Resort, Hilton Aventura Miami, Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort and Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort – and enjoy unique amenities, ranging from complimentary continental breakfast, Jacuzzi tubs, complimentary Wi-Fi, swimming pools, kitchenettes, fitness centers and more. P
ARRAY OF ACTIVITIES
With a name like Sunny Isles Beach, it’s no surprise the destination’s main attraction is a two-and-a-half long stretch of white sand beach and year-round sunshine for swimming and sunbathing. Whether lounging poolside in a luxurious, oceanfront cabana, sinking your toes in the sand, exploring famed shopping districts or dining at celebrity chef restaurants in nearby neighborhoods, Sunny Isles Beach has plenty of ways to fill your days.
- Making Waves – For a picturesque tour of the area’s liquid assets, try a Jet Ski or kayak rental with one of the vendors found on the shores of Sunny Isles Beach.
- Newport Fishing Pier – Reaching 776 feet out into the turquoise waters of the Atlantic Ocean, the pier has long been a popular spot for anglers and sightseers. The historic pier is the only public fishing pier in Miami-Dade County. Admission to the pier for fishing is $6 per person. Visitors who prefer to simply stroll and take in the sights are admitted for a fee of $2 per person.
- Oleta River State Park – Located on the Oleta River on Biscayne Bay, the park offers a 1,200-foot bayfront beach for swimming, miles of off-road bicycle trails ranging from novice to challenging, fishing, and watersports, making it a popular attraction for visitors and locals alike. Nature-lovers can stand up paddleboard, canoe or kayak their way along Miami’s calm bay waters for close encounters with South Florida’s mangrove preserves, and native flora and fauna. A rental concession within the park has all the gear you’ll need to paddle for pleasure. For overnight visits, the park has rustic, air-conditioned cabins as well as a campground.
- Haulover Beach Park & Marina – Home to the largest remaining stretch of undeveloped beach front in Miami-Dade County, the park attracts visitors with wide, white-sand shores, open ocean surf, natural coastal vegetation, and access to swimming, fishing, kite flying and other recreation. From a family-friendly, clothing optional beach for tanline-free sunbathing, to a stretch of beach open to furry, four-legged friends, Haulover Beach Park has something for everyone. Boat rentals, both with and without a captain, are available year-round. Several deep-sea fishing guides and charters are also on hand to help you reel in mahi, marlins and trophy-sized memories.
- NON-STOP SHOP Sunny Isles Beach is just minutes away from some of the most desirable shopping destinations in South Florida – from local boutiques with curated collections of one-of-a-kind goods, to luxury brand shops for the most discerning lover of labels. Just across the waterway, Aventura Mall is one of the nation’s premier fashion destinations, featuring a collection of upscale boutiques and more than 300 of the world’s most iconic retailers, including Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, and luxury retailers such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Burberry, Fendi, Givenchy, Emilio Pucci, Breitling, Tiffany & Co., Rolex and many more.
- Nearby, the internationally-renowned Bal Harbour Shops offers an unmatched, al fresco shopping experience with an exquisite collection of designer and specialty boutiques in a lush, tropical garden setting. A favorite among visiting socialites and fashionistas, Bal Harbour is home to legendary luxury brands such as Chanel, Oscar de La Renta, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada, Jimmy Choo, and luxury department stores Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus.
- The Miami Design District, located 25 minutes away in Midtown Miami, is a vibrant neighborhood dedicated to innovative fashion, upscale interior design, art galleries, architecture, and dining experiences. Sleek modern architecture, public art, celebrity-chef restaurants, and more than 100 art galleries, showrooms, creative services, stores, and antique dealers come together in a neighborhood comprised of curated, creative experiences. Notable brands include Hermes, Jonathan Adler, Tom Ford, Rag & Bone, Alice & Olivia, Harry Winston, Cynthia Rowley and many more.
PRE/POST CRUISE – As you embark on your long-awaited cruise vacation, don’t forget that the adventure doesn’t have to end at the port. Sunny Isles Beach, with its perfect proximity to PortMiami, Port Everglades, luxury-brand shopping venues, attractions, and not to mention its own two-mile stretch of glistening, white sand beach, is the perfect destination for a pre- and post-cruise discovery.
Before or after embarking on your cruise, take some time to explore this breathtaking coastal city. Stroll along the beach, admire the stunning ocean views, savor the delicious cuisine at the local restaurants and experience the vibrant nightlife. Whether you’re here for a few days or a few hours, our luxurious resorts, pristine beaches, and endless activities, Sunny Isles Beach is the perfect destination to kick off or end your cruise vacation MEET AT THE BEACH – Sunny Isles Beach hotels offers, 2,351 hotel rooms and 74 meeting rooms with a combined 114,501 square feet of meeting and conference facilities to accommodate groups of any size. Nine of the destination’s hotels and resorts offer meeting and conference space, with desirable luxuries and amenities to relax and recharge after an active day of meetings. Full-sized business centers, fully-equipped ballrooms, and unique outdoor and ocean side venues give executives and planning professionals ample options for the most productive and memorable retreats, meetings and conferences. For a stylish space sure to impress, the destination boasts the five-star Acqualina Resort along with the four-star property – Trump International Beach Resort Miami. Whether hosting a corporate executive retreat for 10 or an association meeting for 220, dedicated teams of professionals will ensure events flow flawlessly. With an Atlantic Ocean backdrop, and easy access to Miami’s famed, vibrant nightlife, successful meetings in Sunny Isles Beach motivate, captivate, and strike an effortless balance of work and play.
DISTINCTIVE DINING With dozens of distinctive, award-winning restaurants, Sunny Isles Beach serves up an endless and enticing array of flavorful options with international flair. From the freshest Florida seafood and authentic global specialties, to fine dining masterpieces and decadent desserts, Sunny Isles Beach’s menu of restaurants provides a satisfying selection of dining experiences. From Italian fine-dining in an energetic atmosphere at Il Mulino New York to the seaside charm of The Beach Bar at the base of the historic Newport Fishing Pier, serving up seafood and sea views, Sunny Isles Beach offers something for every taste.
ACCESS BY AIR – Just a 10-minute drive from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), and a 30-minute drive from Miami International Airport (MIA), Sunny Isles Beach is a quick and convenient option for air travelers. There are several affordable and reputable transportation companies offering quick, convenient shuttle service at both airports.
ACCESS BY TRAIN – The new Brightline Aventura Station is now open near Sunny Isles Beach, offering a convenient and efficient way for travelers to get around South Florida. The station features modern amenities and comfortable seating, with easy access to nearby shopping and dining options. With frequent trains running between Miami and West Palm Beach, the Brightline Aventura Station is the perfect choice for those looking to explore all that the region has to offer. Whether you’re commuting for work or planning a weekend getaway, this new station is sure to be a popular destination for locals and visitors alike.
GETTING AROUND – For the convenience of visitors and locals alike, the City of Sunny Isles Beach runs a free shuttle service with a number of stops daily. Visitors can also take advantage of taxi and limo service, as well as car and scooter rentals.